February 15, 2012
My little man at eight months
So in reality, A is already 8 1/2 months, but I have to put a stake in the ground somewhere!
- He is finally crawling! It started out as what can only be described as a zombie crawl (using one arm and dragging the other half of his body), but he’s starting to get the other side working too.
- He LOVES the animals, especially our dog Bailey. Now that he can move, he’ll catch sight of her and will start giggling and inching his way across the floor to her. He starts laughing more and louder the closer he gets, culminating in a shrieking laugh when he manages to reach her and give her fur a good yank. Luckily we have the sweetest dog on the planet and she’ll just walk away, which he thinks is also hysterical.
- A’s favorite toys are the old school stacking rings and cups and the shape sorter, and also a fancy Vtech alphabet train that he got for Christmas. He also loves books and reading which we’ve instituted before naps and bedtime.
- His sleep had gotten so bad that I instituted hardcore sleep training a week ago (for both my child and my husband) and after only five days we were back to 10-11 hours straight (which we hadn’t seen since before Christmas)! More on this later…
- My kid loves to eat. Some favorites are butternut squash, carrots, bananas, and mango. Also in the rotation are apples, pears, peas, green beans, and parsnip. He has started using a sippy cup for water (since mid-Jan or so) and got to try Cheerios for the first time this week! We took him out to eat last night (first time since he could sit in a high chair and eat with us) and he did great! He just looked around at the lights and the people (nosy like his father!) and S and I took turns feeding him and eating our dinner. It was really nice. 🙂
- He’s officially in 12 month clothing. My mom and I went to the Car.ter’s outlet on Saturday and I bought (what I hope will be) his complete spring and summer wardrobe!
Here’s another picture: