April 9, 2011
My husband is amazing.
Not only did he move forward with renovating our bedroom (by himself), but he actually accomplished the entire thing in ONE WEEK, while working full time and one man down!
Here’s the timeline:
- Saturday – I packed up the bedroom and we moved into the guest room. S and his brother moved all of the furniture from our bedroom into the nursery and demo’d the entire room down to the studs. My father re-did some of the electrical and they started putting up insulation.
- Sunday – Electrical and insulation finished. S called a handyman friend of his who miraculously was free to help us for the week and they got the drywall up and the first coat of plaster on the walls.
- Monday – Sanding and second coat of plaster; baseboards and crown molding started.
- Tuesday – Baseboards and crown finished; window sills and trim started. Walls primed.
- Wednesday – Window sills and trim finished; first coat of paint on the walls.
- Thursday – Ceiling and trim painted.
- Friday – Second coat of paint on walls and trim.
- Saturday (today) – Carpet will be installed (while we’re at childbirth class!) – the only thing that S isn’t doing by himself. And we’ll be moving back into our room tonight!!
Part of the reason S moved things along so quickly is just so it wouldn’t be hanging over his head for too long, but the main reason can be summarized in two words…FULL BED.
We’ve been sleeping in the full bed in our guest room all week – which you wouldn’t think was that much smaller than our queen – but add in my belly and pregnancy pillow, and the dog and cat who think that the guest room bed is their personal throne and sleeping arrangements have been very tight. LOL 😛
Poor S is also a few inches too long for a full and had to sleep on the inside of the bed so that I could get up and down to go to the bathroom during the night…so he would have done ANYTHING to get us back in our bed by the end of this weekend.
I’ll post pictures later on tonight!