September 9, 2009
Now that I’ve had a chance to simmer down a little bit, I thought I’d share some of my impressions from yesterday’s meeting.
- My new RE – Dr. Toth at the Vincent Center of Mass General Hospital – seems extremely kind and thoughtful. I’m reserving judgment until I see what he recommends based on our previous IF history, but he clearly knows what he’s doing. Besides being the chief, he’s obviously in high demand!
- His nurse also seems very nice – funny, down to earth, and just really a good person. During IVF cycles, I’ll be interacting more with her than with the doctor, so it was nice to feel comfortable with her right off the bat.
- The lab is on the same floor as the main office, and it seems like only IF patients use that particular lab. Yesterday during my blood test, I warned the phlebotomist that I hadn’t eaten or drank anything yet that morning (makes it harder to draw blood, FYI) and that I have tough veins…and not only did she get it in first time, but I didn’t even feel the needle going in! Yay for people who know what they’re doing!! 😉
- The location is super convenient – when I get to the point in my cycle where I’m going for a blood test and ultrasound every other day, I’ll just have to hop off the subway halfway to work, do my business, and get back on for 4 more stops!
- The best part of all is the VIEW. The office is located on the 10th floor, with a gorgeous view of the city of Boston. S actually stopped on our way out to take a picture (I’ll post it later tonight. :-))
The only bad parts of the office were the receptionists – a pair of surly young ladies – but (since I didn’t meet with the doctor) at least I didn’t get charged a co-pay! 😉